From the 25th of March we will no longer be accepting prescription requests over the telephone. Please read this for more information as to the reasons for this and what other options are available to you.
Why are we doing this?
Stopping taking prescriptions over the phone is a return our pre covid policies and improves patient safety by reducing the risk of errors caused by taking requests over the phone.
By not taking prescriptions over the phone it will reduce call waits for all our patients lines and ease access for patients contacting the practice for other reasons.
What are the other options for requesting prescriptions?
- Electronically via the NHS app. The NHS app is available for free from various app stores or online at www.nhsapp.service.nhs.uk
- Submitting a paper request either by hand to any of our sites or by posting the request to Forest Health, Ringmead, Bracknell, RG12 7PG
- A number of local pharmacies will request your medications on your behalf. Often this can be initiated by calling a local pharmacy.
How long will it take my prescription request to be processed?
- Prescriptions requested via the NHS app will be processed within 2 working days.
- Requests submitted in paper format will be processed within 3 working days of receiving them.
- Requests submitted on the patient’s behalf from a pharmacy will be processed within 2 working days of the practice having received the request from the pharmacy.